Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4 months!


































































Can you believe it 4 months! Layla was off to the doctors to get her 4 month check up..which included more needles.

Lets start with her stats...16lbs (yup you read it right) 23.5inches long. 92% in weight...so big! Which of course we already new because of the size of her thighs and clothes. She wears anything from 3-6months to 9 month sleepers. Her thighs get stuck in her bumbo everyday. The doctor is not worried about her weight because it is all breast milk. The doctor was impressed with her head control and in fact thinks she may be able to sit on her own soon. Her check up was good, the doctor has no concerns. The needles were better for me this time. She did scream so loud and held her breath as she cried but as soon as Jatovi picked her up she stopped. And no tears from mommy! Next appointment 6 months..and yes there will be needles!

As for Layla she is absolutely adorable. She has made so much progress this month. Rolling over all the time, sitting in her pink car or her jumper, eating less often(at least during the day) we are working on night feeds. She goes to bed every night without any trouble, bath,nurse/bottle and bed. Her purple cry seems like a life time ago(Thank the lord)
The routine I was so desperate for seems to be here, and it has really helped me. This includes a lot of play time. Layla spends a lot of time on her play mat. She seems to like it, but not as much as standing. Standing and pulling herself to a standing position is by far her favorite things to do. This is something she will do for hours. Because of this she is getting so strong, and I think I am as well, she does weigh 16lbs!
Even though I have been so proud many times this month nothing has made me happier than the first time I heard her giggle! I want to remember that sound forever! She giggles for me every couple of days and it always includes dancing and her standing up. I am sure she has been giggling for her daddy for awhile but he let me think I heard her first.

No comments:

Post a Comment