Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Layla please stop growing up...5months!
















I can't believe I have a 5 month old daughter! Time is going by so fast and she is changing everyday. Layla appears to be a very happy baby. She laughs often, smiles all the time and loves to be out and just watch the world. She is talking everything in and you can tell she is learning so much. The cutest thing ever is that she knows to put her arms up when she wants you to pick her up. It doesn't matter what I am doing if she does this I stop and pick her up, I can't resist. I realize that we have the makings of a spoiled little girl on our hands but I just melt when I see the arms go up. One concern I have is that she really is unable to play by herself. When she is awake she seems to need your undivided attention. She will play on her mat for about 5 minutes before realizing you are not there and the tears come. Any activity is short lived if you are not around. I get the house work done in quick sessions before the tears. I am not sure if this is normal for her age but I hope she learns to play independently soon! I told Jatovi that I am worried about her being spoiled. Jatovi continues to run to her every time she wakes during the night and I keep telling him"we are creating a spoiled alittle girl" Jatovi will say "she is our only child she deserves to be spoiled" my response is I will remind you of that when she is lying on the ground in Target screaming because she isn't getting what she wants. Jatovi feels this is a "brat" not a spoiled child. So we will see???


We are working on sitting. Layla is able to sit for a few seconds unsupported but at this point does require alittle help. Her hair is starting to finally grow, still have a way to go but it is starting. She has started to make the cutest noise and she does it ALL the time. She breaths out, at the same time her lips are closed. So cute!


Sleep...what to say about sleep? I guess we have made progress but until she goes to bed and doesn't wake until the sun is up I won't be happy. She will sleep 7 hrs at a time some nights.She goes to bed around 6, getting up to eat at 11 and 4 and then up for the day around 9am most days. We are trying to get her to stay up later but she is like her Mommy and likes to go to bed early. Layla will only be up for about an hour and then her morning nap. Afternoon naps are short and she only takes 1 or 2. So because of this we are trying to get a better afternoon nap in so she may stay up later. Many people have said that this is not bad for 5 months but I am hopeful to get a longer stretch during the night and not one that starts at 6pm.


As for me, I have never been happier! I continue to breastfeed and although I HATE it during the night I don't mind it during the day.It is easy and free. My goal of 6 months is fast approaching so we will see if I am ready to stop. Jatovi and I are in a great place in our marriage and the 3 of us love hanging out. Several people have said "that mother hood agrees with me" and I would say they are right. I do think some of it is because I really didn't think it would be that great. I didn't think I would feel what everyone else does about being a parent. I have been so scared "to screw" up a child that I never thought about the good things that would come with it. This experience is SO much better than I ever thought it would be. I did not know how great loving someone this much would be. Layla has changed my life in so many ways and made me so happy. I know everyone says that but it really is true for me. Don't get me wrong at 4am I am still miserable and I am still terrified that I will do something wrong but I just keep doing my best and trying to enjoy her.


What I want to remember from this month is the pure joy I have been feeling every time she raises her arms for me to pick her up. It is selfish but I love having someone want me and only me! It is a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment