Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Parents Morning Out!

Layla started a parents morning out class this morning! She will go on Tuesdays and Thursday from 09:15 to 1200. She eats lunch there as well. Although I am terrified and sad all at the time to leave her with strangers I think it will be good for all of us. I plan to use my time wisely, lunch dates, shopping cleaning...the ideas are endless. How ever I really think Layla will benfit the most. She loves watching older kids and she doens't get to play with others as much as I wish. She needs to lean to share and other basic social skills. Because lets face it, her Grandparents and Jatovi and I give her what ever she wants!
The program goes until 1300 but because she is the youngest in the class I will be picking her up at 1200 for a couple of months. After the kids eat lunch at 1130 they go out to the playground. Although Layla loves the playground we do superivse her closely still. The teachers have alot of children to montior so the kids generally play on their own. The program director moved Layla up into the older class. This class is from 18 months - 3 years old. Layla along with two others kids won't be 18 months until this fall sometime so they will all get the ealry pick up until they turn 18months.
I was so proud of Layla she didn't cry at all, and boy some other kids sure did! When I picked her up both days this week the teachers said she did great and played well. Other than them taking her down from the tables that she had climbed up on:)
Her one teacher even asked me how old my other children were? I looked at her confused, she stated she was sure Layla had older siblings beacuse her speach and play were "advanced". I am sure she says that to all the parents, but it made me proud anyways!!






No comments:

Post a Comment