Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Here comes Poppy!

My Dad had some vacation time to use up, so he came to visit us. When we first started to make the plans I was a little worried. I don't think my father and I have spent that much time a lone ever. We are both type A control freaks so I was a little worried that it would a rough week. But to my surprise it was delightful, in fact I loved it!~!~
I have to start with Layla calling him "Poppy" I had always assumed she would call them Grandma and Grandpa. But I tried to get her to say Grandpa and she wouldn't. So I offered up Papa and she said that just fine. That was how it was for weeks before the visit. The morning he was to arrive I kept telling her"Papa is coming today" and she just started to say Poppy. Well it seems to have stuck...it has been Poppy since!














My Dad was like a big kid with Layla. He seemed so relaxed and just had fun. It was so nice, I will treasure this week for ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment